REASONS WHY PLANNING FOR RETIREMENT IS IMPORTANT
FINANCIAL LITERACY 101
1. Living too long can be a blessing or a burden. Imagine retiring at the age of 65, then living until the age of 90. That’s 25 years worth of expenses, with NO INCOME! Take note that you won’t be strong enough to work at 65. At this age, we may be required to have our maintenance drugs. If we don’t have our retirement fund, can we still afford it?
2. SSS won’t be enough. It will not sustain your medical bills and you will need to downgrade your lifestyle if you will depend on SSS alone.
3. Inflation- Your P1 now will have a lesser value in the future. Ten years from now, hanggang saan aabot ang one thousand pesos mo?
4. Our children are not our retirement fund. Let us not be a burden to our children in the future. They will also have their own family. Since I’m still single, I took the initiative of preparing for my mama’s retirement fund as well, with pleasure (Including my dear aunt) I know that they both worked hard for us so this is my gift for them It’s really not that much so I’m still planning to add more to this fund.
5. If you are already married, 15 to 20 years from now, your children will be in college while your parents will be older with medical bills, HOW FINANCIALLY PREPARED ARE YOU?
6. If you already prepared for your retirement as early as now, you can be sure that you will have millions when you retire. You can buy your own medicines and pay for your own expenses. YOU CAN TREAT YOUR GRANDCHILDREN TO DISNEYLAND! OR YOU CAN TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD!
Let us build our own wealth!
WHAT KIND OF FUTURE DO YOU WANT? PREPARE FOR YOUR FUTURE NOW!